Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Homosexual marriages legalized in Australia

Nasim

Nasim

India

Under the new laws, gay couples will be able to hold a legally recognised civil union ceremony in front of friends and family in the territory, which is home to the capital Canberra and the nation's parliament.

The region's legislators approved the bill, which moved by the local Greens party.

Andrew Barr, an ACT minister who is in a gay relationship, wept as he spoke in support of the bill.

"Love, trust and intimacy and commitment are found at the heart of all good relationships," Mr Barr later told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

"I'm proud that this parliament will send that signal that my relationship with Anthony is equal to any other."

The law was drafted so that it does not contravene national legislation which says that civil unions must not mimic marriage.

"We understand that this is not same-sex marriage," said Greens MP Shane Rattenbury, who drafted the bill.

"This legislation is another step along the road to full equality for same-sex couples in Australia, and we are delighted that the assembly has passed it today," he added.

However, the law could still be struck down by Australia's attorney-general, who overturned similar legislation in February 2008 on the grounds it broke national marriage laws.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/6545116/Gay-unions-made-legal-in-Australian-territory.html

[The homosexuals aren't still given the rights to adopt a child or get a child via artificial insemination.] 

07:15 PM Dec 12 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mr. Pmosh

Mr. Pmosh

Dominican Republic

they r sick & pathetic, they can't raise children !!!

gays couple r dangerous to d society, 

Bubble Gum Encyclopedia strikes back!!!!!!!!!!!!! The same slogan is assaigned to islam in western society after 9/11/01, and I am starting to think that's no discrimination after all.

why to look at d execptions, 

That's not an exeption my dear friend, that's an everyday reality.

04:11 PM Dec 23 2009 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

When I replied kunstka with the sarcasm "Drinking Vodka Wisdom", I did not mean any stereotypes at all.But of course you need a higher IQ to understand it.

IQ? Whata fuck is that? Some kind of a new unit for measuring penises on internet forums? oh, anyway… Whatever mega high IQ you have, it was not enough to understand MY sarcasm. So pity, because I did my utmost.

04:42 PM Dec 23 2009 |

Mr. Pmosh

Mr. Pmosh

Dominican Republic

there is not even a slighest common thing between Islam & d homosexuality,

In your terms, yes. Two minorities considered dangerous for people around. One said is pacefull, and the other has nothing we can prove is dangerous, so….

Must of the 80% percent of the human population is not muslim, so any tried law with the only argue that is "Allah will", is automatically DENIED. That's the beauty of live in democracy.

at least in d place where I live, I 've never saw sth like that, if it happens in ur everyday, just enlighten me …

Yes, in the hole world (apparently  according to you, not the middle east) is an every day reality. In must Asia,"if is not a male" the probabilities of being abandoned are quite big. Here in the West side, we all know the story. But wait a minute, Rikard live in Iran, and he has s friend that live in an orphanate! So…..

05:02 PM Dec 23 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

Rikard live in Iran, and he has s friend that live in an orphanate! So…..

Actually I'm from Portugal

and I'm not in an orphanate, i said in my school there is some guys from the orphanate, and one of them is my friend. 

But even that there is not exception, I know alot of people from iran, and I know what they live, and I know how is the homossexuality there! I think  Iran is one of the muslim countries that punishes the homossexuals soooooo bad! they arraste, torture and can even kill them!

06:07 PM Dec 23 2009 |

Mr. Pmosh

Mr. Pmosh

Dominican Republic

They do that to gay people, and at the same time have the guts to complain about Guantanamo Bay, WTF? It just makes me laugh.

06:23 PM Dec 23 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

"4th Every man and woman, had felt attracted to the same sex , wanting or not! and it is truth! even the most straightest man cant deny! It is natural!"—Rikar

99.9% true.. Almost everybody has homosexual tendency.. Blame it on the hormones..

I have been ignoring this forum.. Been busy answering posts about Christmas.. Hope it's not too late to make this forum messier..

06:39 PM Dec 23 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

From where are you Rosella? Libyan Arab Jamahiriya?

Have you travelled anywhere else outside your country? Which countries did you go to?

Please answer my question, then I will tell you practical truth..

06:48 PM Dec 23 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

Mr. Pmosh..

Way to go!

Put religion aside, you will surely win this debate..

07:01 PM Dec 23 2009 |

Mr. Pmosh

Mr. Pmosh

Dominican Republic

@Rosella

1. Do you want some stats?

a) Every 2 seconds, a child becomes an orphan.
b) Every 14 seconds, a child is orphaned by AIDS.
c) UNICEF estimates that nearly 1,000,000 children enter the sex trade every year.
d) Experts also estimate that nearly 10,000,000 children are working as prostitutes, with nearly 90% of them girls.
                            International Street Kids                                 

By the time you finished this post there will be around 100 new orphans in the world, but don't worry, it ain't happen in the Islam world.

2. I have to admit I was wrong about Rikard, I thoguht he lived in Iran 'cause that's what his avatar says.

3. 20% percent is almost equal to 1 of 4 (which is actually 25%). But don't worry, I've done some research and is just as you said:

07:04 PM Dec 23 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

any tried law with the only argue that is "Allah will", is automatically DENIED. That's the beauty of live in democracy.-Pmosh

any democracy against Allah 's will, is absolutely WRONG, & Failed,

thats d beauty of Believing-Rosella

Rosella please, do not be dramatic.. Bible and/or Quoran verses are not admissible to court.. Lesbian/Gay marriages are just one of the topics which we cannot rationalize by mere religion..

07:21 PM Dec 23 2009 |