Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Ottoman Empire was so power as America in now days!

sweet_boy24

Turkey

The Ottoman Empire also known by its contemporaries as the Turkish Empire or Turkey , was an empire that lasted from 1299–1923.At the height of its power (16th–17th century), it spanned three continents, controlling much of Southeastern Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. The empire was at the centre of interactions between the Eastern and Western worlds for six centuries.With Constantinople (Istanbul) as its capital city,the Ottoman Empire was, an Islamic successor to the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire.The Ottoman conquest of Constantinople in 1453 cemented the status of the Empire as the preeminent power in southeastern Europe and the eastern Mediterranean.

Fatif Sultan Mehmet Han made ships swim from ''soil''.He ended byzantine empire 1.000 years old. It was so power as America in now days. Everything was asked from them.80 Diffrent nations lived with friendship

05:33 PM Feb 07 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Yeaa most of ppl know Ottoman Empire.. It was great..

But it was getting worse in 18.19. centuries…

The last days of Ottoman Empire was full of wars..

But again diseased man Ottoman was so powerfully!

But the last Padisahs couldn't go on saving this good empire..

05:40 PM Feb 07 2009 |

sweet_boy24

Turkey

05:44 PM Feb 07 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Yes, Greek, Indians,Chinese  and Romans were all powerfull before as well.

Power is not permenent. so, US-  one day it;s power will deminish

Change is the only constant in this world 

05:44 PM Feb 07 2009 |

sweet_boy24

Turkey

80 Diffrent nations lived with friendship  .People die at Palastine,Iraq and Afganistan;Why?

06:04 PM Feb 07 2009 |

authorofforum

Turkey

We can say that this is not depend on the ppl, its only up to leaders beliefs. And now America is a most powerful country because of the democracy.

I think important thing to be a power in the world is a managment style. If there is a justice, education and health system work regularly, country will be a power on the world.

06:34 PM Feb 07 2009 |

sweet_boy24

Turkey

Their justice,democrasi,healt systems,idea freedom work regularly only own peoples.Everybody was  equal on ottoman justice.

06:53 PM Feb 07 2009 |

sweet_boy24

Turkey

Osmanli saved Israel peoples of Hits.

09:41 PM Feb 07 2009 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

I notice that a lot of the non-Turks that lived under the Ottoman Empire seemed to not like it or its history very much.  Must have been sour grapes.

I have to say, though, that the decline of the Ottoman Empire is a very interesting chapter of history, as well as the rise of Ataturk.  But then, I like history from that time period anyway.  

10:14 PM Feb 07 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The Ottoman Empire and the USA don't have as much in common as I would say the USA and the Roman Empire. 

The English language has come into worldwide use because of its influence.  Turkish didn't receive the same echo as Latin, for instance.

11:58 PM Feb 07 2009 |

sweet_boy24

Turkey

It was typical of an american to say a thing lika that.You had better take care of Middle East.

The USA turns Middle East into a blood lake.Humanity is trouble with you Great Middle East Plan.People r suffering from the plan

The USA have to be more tolerant of their culture,religion and language.

05:12 AM Feb 08 2009 |