Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Ottoman Empire was so power as America in now days!

sweet_boy24

Turkey

The Ottoman Empire also known by its contemporaries as the Turkish Empire or Turkey , was an empire that lasted from 1299–1923.At the height of its power (16th–17th century), it spanned three continents, controlling much of Southeastern Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. The empire was at the centre of interactions between the Eastern and Western worlds for six centuries.With Constantinople (Istanbul) as its capital city,the Ottoman Empire was, an Islamic successor to the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire.The Ottoman conquest of Constantinople in 1453 cemented the status of the Empire as the preeminent power in southeastern Europe and the eastern Mediterranean.

Fatif Sultan Mehmet Han made ships swim from ''soil''.He ended byzantine empire 1.000 years old. It was so power as America in now days. Everything was asked from them.80 Diffrent nations lived with friendship

05:33 PM Feb 07 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

istanbul_fatih_i

Turkey

what a beauiful article!

06:17 AM Feb 08 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"The USA have to be more tolerant of their culture,religion and language."

What exactly has the USA done to endanger these things?

I can't think of one thing.

07:12 AM Feb 08 2009 |

istanbul_fatih_i

Turkey

• ARMENİA
  • ISRAEL
  • Bulgaria
  • Greec 
  • Macedonia
  • Hungary
  • Palestine
  • Jordan
  • Lebanon
  • Syria
  • georgia
  • egypt
  • iran
  • ıraq
  • Romania
  • Syria
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Tunusia
  • WHICH NATION ARE SPEAK OWN LANGUAGE?AND WHEN DID IT CHANGE OWN LANGUAGE????

09:01 AM Feb 08 2009 |

istanbul_fatih_i

Turkey

tunabilge thank u.

08:16 PM Feb 08 2009 |

sweet_boy24

Turkey

THE WORLD NEED A NEW OTTOMAN EMPİRE FOR PEACE I THINK.

Strategist George Friedman wrote a book, "Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21'st Century"..He said:

People must learn Turkish instead of Chineese and Russian languages.

Some countries like Russia and China will decline and Turkey, Japan, Poland and Mexico will be the new super powers on the world.

- There can be a war between the allies Turkey/Japan and America on near the end of this century.

- This war's result will form the course of the 21st century.

08:46 AM Feb 09 2009 |

Najd

Najd

Saudi Arabia

Ottman Empire :)

is a part of the Islamic history

but Ottman Empire didn't give some thing important to the musilms or the over ppl around the world !

it is not what we waiting for these days :)

we need one islamic empire for all muslims can bring pelastine back !

can improve the education in the islamic world :)

can take muslims from the 3ed world countries to become the ppl who can change the world :)

i hope that and inshallah one day it will happen :)

Note :

i love ottman empire because it gave the muslims the uonion that we need it all the time !

11:46 AM Feb 09 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

i agree definitely with tunabige….

in ottoman empire time,arabs didn't support never ottoman empire (both as islamic caliph and in war times).they always supported england.

but now why i don't know.now they support both usa and erdoğan.(they dont support palestine).indeed,i do know very well…...;)

12:37 PM Feb 09 2009 |

Najd

Najd

Saudi Arabia

if u talking about arabs at least they didn't give-up for everything to be on the europ union :)

look i really love turkish ppl we all muslims ,but the trouth is trouth :)

and the arab countries didn't soupprt england for the english ppl but the ottoman empire was like an oldsick man :(

i was one from this empire and im proud about the masjeds and what they puilt in makkah but still we need something to improve our minds what we think of :)

to change the world as what the first muslims did :)

tunabige i didn't understand what do u mean ?

04:35 PM Feb 09 2009 |

sweet_boy24

Turkey

Strategist George Friedman wrote a book, "Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21'st Century"..He said:

People must learn Turkish instead of Chineese and Russian languages.

Some countries like Russia and China will decline and Turkey, Japan, Poland and Mexico will be the new super powers on the world.

- There can be a war between the allies Turkey/Japan and America on near the end of this century.

- This war's result will form the course of the 21st century.

06:04 PM Feb 09 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

yes,true is true…;)

suudi arabia gave their everytıngs to usa for petroil,money.he gave palestine,too….

bush used to invite to him house very special guests.they gave each other millions dollar presents.

they are so happy…;)

of course,you cannot know th pics,because suudi king can forbid in newspaper these.but whole world know it….

06:36 PM Feb 09 2009 |