Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What do Muslims believe about Allah

nonaaa-000

nonaaa-000

Saudi Arabia

1. He is the one God, Who has no partner.
2. Nothing is like Him. He is the Creator, not created, nor a part of His creation.
3. He is All-Powerful, absolutely Just.
4. There is no other entity in the entire universe worthy of worship besides Him.
5. He is First, Last, and Everlasting; He was when nothing was, and will be when nothing else remains.
6. He is the All-Knowing, and All-Merciful,the Supreme, the Sovereign.
7. It is only He Who is capable of granting life to anything.
8. He sent His Messengers (peace be upon them) to guide all of mankind.
9. He sent Muhammad (pbuh) as the last Prophet and Messenger for all mankind.
10. His book is the Holy Qur'an, the only authentic revealed book in the world that has been kept without change.
11. Allah knows what is in our hearts.

These are some of the basic guidelines Muslims follow in their knowledge of God:

1. Eliminate any anthropomorphism (human qualities) from their conception of Allah. His attributes are not like human attributes,despite similar labels or appellations.
2. Have unwavering faith in exactly what Allah and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) described Allah to be, no more, no less.
3. Eradicate any hope or desire of learning or knowing the modality of His names and attributes.
4. Belief totally in all the names and attributes of Allah; one cannot believe in some and disbelieve the others.
5. One cannot accept the names of Allah without their associated attributes, i.e. one cannot say He is Al-Hayy – 'The Living' and then say that He is without life.
6. Similarity in names (or meanings) does not imply similarity in what is being described (referents). As a robotic arm differs from a human arm, so the "hand" of Allah is nothing like a human hand, His speech is nothing like human speech, etc.
7. Certain words are ambiguous or vague in their meanings, and thus may be susceptible to misinterpretation. Only those meanings that are in accordance with what is specified by Allah and His Prophet (pbuh) are acceptable.

03:14 AM Aug 28 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lind@

lind@

Algeria

hiiii. thanks a loooot for the cool idea.

our God bless us Innocent

01:39 PM Aug 28 2007 |

zahra87

zahra87

Algeria

thnx it s good resumé to introduce the basics or pillars of islam,it is really great.well,would you like provide me with an interesting websites fromwhere you took this input,plz??

03:31 PM Aug 28 2007 |

strangerfar

Saudi Arabia

thanks nonaaa and this greatest topic…..

05:00 PM Aug 28 2007 |

nonaaa-000

nonaaa-000

Saudi Arabia

welcom all of u

04:37 PM Aug 29 2007 |

eternal_84

eternal_84

Turkey

ı am sure this very good topic but ı can not understand why u try to teach something abaout islam?

no christians or jewish try to explain their religion but u insist to prove smth…

08:24 PM Aug 29 2007 |

zahra87

zahra87

Algeria

well i think she s free whatever she wants like anybody do,this is freedom dont you think so???

09:33 PM Aug 29 2007 |

zahra87

zahra87

Algeria

i mean she wries whatever she/he likes about any topic!!!!!!!!!!

09:35 PM Aug 29 2007 |

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

wow??

it is anice great topic

i wanna say something 2 eternal

if u wanna to explain ur religion do it  no one tell u why??

nonaaa wrote this topic cuz. she proud by her religion like all muslim does..

i hope u understand me with abig heart

thanx my dear

03:37 AM Aug 30 2007 |

rovan

rovan

Iraq

hii all…it is a graet toipic…it is avery short and little introduction about islam ..and alla….for whom seeking  questions about  alla ..and islam.

06:11 AM Aug 30 2007 |

eternal_84

eternal_84

Turkey

yes of course this is freedom to express your own beliefs and sure everyone must be proud of being muslim whatever they are but u misunderstood that ı can not understand that why u insist to proof something or teach smth abaout islam…

before answering try to understant wat ı mean please!!

08:28 PM Aug 31 2007 |