Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Student Suicides in your country

javamanju

javamanju

India

Lets discuss about Student Suicides in your country.

Alarming number of Students commit is countries like India, China and Japan. It is mainly attributed to high pressure educational environment.

Like in India, students face enormous amount of pressure to perform. their performace in 10 and 12th grade decide what they do in their life. Pressure comes from Parents, Teachers and most of the times peers them selves.

There is enormous amount of competition of every single engineering/Medical/Degree seats. More than 500,000 People write Indian Institute of technology(IIT)  entrence exams , which has less than 8000 seats.  

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/5907368/Wave-of-suicide-sweeps-Chinas-graduate-class.html

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ed20070615a2.html

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/column_student-suicides-is-academic-pressure-sole-reason_1344002

05:34 PM May 15 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

daniela silvia

Germany

Its so ridiculous for educational system. If someone wants to study, he or she should has this opportunity. I'm sure that institute you talked about is the most prestigious in your country. Because of that everyone wants to be there and we have to consider that your population is very crowded.

Even if you dont get enough mark to pass that exam, don't care what any people say about you. It's your chance, destiny and life. Don't feel yourself under pressure. Who knows? Maybe you change this system in the future.

07:20 PM May 15 2010 |

MacTavish

MacTavish

China

I am a Chinese high school students

I'm going to college next year

Competitive pressure is very large, very heavy burden of our study. Few have our own time.

Although 60% -70% of the university enrollment rate, but the university is still difficult to employment, unless it is a very good university.

This requires us to better grade, so under both schools and families' pressure, which is very easy to go to extremes

11:20 AM May 17 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

yes Parent pressure is a big factor. But bigger factor is Peer Pressure(Shame) . A class mate of Mine Commited Sucide when I was in 3 year(engineering). He had failed in 4 subjects (out of 12 subjects), which ment he could go the next year. His parents were rich, he did not have any parental pressure. but he commited suicde due the shame of failure. Shame of sitting at home for a year.

Also, In India, there is no lack of educational institutes.. It is always about the best.

05:08 PM May 17 2010 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Like I’m from India and like typical Indian parents my parents want me to be a doctor. There’s an entrance test called AIPMT that about 150000 students sit for with the number of seats about 4200. I tried last year and even this year. I didn’t succeed. But I’ve not committed suicide yet =) heck if nothing else I can always be a terrorist. Not a cheap one, I’ma be a celebrity terrorist like Ajmal Kasab.

06:25 PM May 17 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

heck if nothing else I can always be a terrorist. Not a cheap one, I’ma be a celebrity terrorist like Ajmal Kasab.

Laughing LOLZ… It has got lots of merits man….. you will be given super star status, free food , and best thing is No one is going to hang you(atleast for a few decades)

04:42 PM May 18 2010 |

AnitaAmopy

Guinea-Bissau

https://loveawake.ru – Знакомства Friedland. Сайт знакомств Friedland бесплатно, без регистрации, для серьезных отношений.

06:53 AM May 05 2017 |

WilliamLinny

Germany

MCSTEEL – Быстровозводимые здания из ЛСТК
Проектирование, производство, монтаж складских, производственных, торговых, сельхоз сооружений.
быстровозводимых зданий из легких металлоконструкций. Расчет стоимости проектов.
Дома. Гаражи. Ангары. Склады. Навесы. Коровники. Птичники. Мастерские. Склад-Холодильник.
Торговые здания. Зернохранилища. Овощехранилища. Производственный цех. СТО
Собственное производство.
лстк россия

03:37 PM Jan 15 2018 |

WilliamLinny

Germany

Проектирование, производство, монтаж складских, производственных, торговых, сельхоз сооружений.
быстровозводимых зданий из легких металлоконструкций. Расчет стоимости проектов.
Дома. Гаражи. Ангары. Склады. Навесы. Коровники. Птичники. Мастерские. Склад-Холодильник.
строительство гаражей из лстк

01:00 PM Jan 16 2018 |

WilliamLinny

Germany

гараж лстк

06:57 AM Jan 18 2018 |

WilliamLinny

Germany

гаражи сборные каркас из лстк

12:12 PM Mar 26 2018 |