Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Should we choose our religion by ourself ?

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Can we choose our religion by ourself ?

Do we get an oppurtnity to choose our religion ?

Should we struggle for our right to choose our religion ?

Does our religion has any value for us when we 'get it free of cost & desire'?

02:44 AM Feb 03 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

When you're older and grown of course you should make a spiritual decision based on what you believe.

But before, as a child, it's on most cases impossible to make such a decision.

Parents should bring up their children with a certain level of religious education and practice. 

03:26 AM Feb 03 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Devinder,
Welcome among us with your interesting forum again.
I understood your question but you know my opinion to that so I will interprete your question into quite another direction. I assume that you need a new religion but you dont know whether there are people who want to follow you. Imagine there are some people, who are interested in your thought. I wonder how your new religion seems to be? What will your religion include others than all other religions? What do you think your new religion offer for human being so far that they say wow I just would imagine to live the way Devinder describes.
If you ask me whether I need a religion or not i will say you no I wont. Please make your offer how your religion looks like so I will tell you how I am inspired about your new religion.
If I compare the present religions to each other I cant see many differences between them. But I just have knowledge about monoteistic religions and I havent any idea about Hinduism or Budism or other smaller religions which are also believed in by many people.
I am really excited about your new religion. I am waiting for your detailed explication.

06:06 PM Feb 03 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

I have forgotten my smileSmile

06:08 PM Feb 03 2009 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Dev , we can.. you can..

we should answer our Qs about life ,that is to feel peace of mind..

think how we can do that ???

08:48 PM Feb 03 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Ryo,

I don't think that we can choose our religion, we are intioated to some religion before we get aware of our life & ourself.before maturity to think about what religion is ?

& we continue to follow the religion given to us by our parents or at the mostwe may change it for our love or some accidents or some other greed but rarely we search sincerely for our religion, to search for another religion is condemed by all religions & societies.

Our religion don't have too much value for us because we get it effortlessly.We may hold some idea very strongly but that comes out of our blackmailing but rarely it comes out of our understanding.  

06:44 PM Feb 06 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Fab,

Religion should be lived otherwise it has no value.It should be our way of life but we are concernrd with religion just by few happenings of life , like birth marriage & death. Otherwise we have no connection with the religion. We pray to god to fulfill  our demand lists.

I agree to you.that parents should give basic knowldge & way to practice & leave the child upon himself.

06:54 PM Feb 06 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Smile Sunay I shall reply to your post later on , sorry.  

06:56 PM Feb 06 2009 |

ninelleli

ninelleli

Russian Federation

Sure we're. The right of religion self-identification is the natural right of each person i think. It's the important part of personal freedom.  

08:05 PM Feb 06 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

When you're older and grown of course you should make a spiritual decision based on what you believe.

But before, as a child, it's on most cases impossible to make such a decision.

Parents should bring up their children with a certain level of religious education and practice. 

I'm with you on the first two points, but I'm not convinced that the third is a good idea

09:41 PM Feb 06 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Gkisseberth,

Have you got children?

According to the religious education of my children I will write later.

10:00 PM Feb 06 2009 |